Some people were telling me I wasn’t getting enough fat. Some people were telling me I wasn’t getting enough protein I also needed to lower calories. How can I fix all three? Quiche! With BACON! This is ridiculously easy, save for the 742 hours it takes to caramelize the onions.
Bacon and Spinach Crustless Quiche with Caramelized Onions
What you need:
- 12 eggs
- splash of cream
- 4 oz Swiss cheese, grated or cut into small squares
- 1/2 lb bacon, diced into small pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bag frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
What you do:
- In one skillet, melt the butter and add the onions. Cook on low for literally like 20 minutes until the onions start turning brown and caramelizing, like this:
- In another skillet, cook the bacon pieces until crispy. Put on paper towel and drain. Save the bacon grease.
- In the skillet with the onions, add in the frozen spinach and approximately 1 tbsp of the bacon grease.
- Cook and stir until spinach cooked all the way through.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a splash of cream.
- In a baking dish, pour in the spinach/onion mixture, then pour the egg over the top.
- Add in the Swiss cheese and stir a bit.
- Top with the cooked bacon, sprinkle some Parmesan and black pepper
- Bake in over at 350 for 20 mins or so until eggs are cooked through.
- Oooey, gooey, protein and fat!!
I’m going to try and provide the nutritional facts for most of my recipes from now on. This recipe is based on six servings so one serving size is shown below. Is this helpful?